pll again

this past month I have been just so happy that the writers of PLL have found their footing again, and even though I am a hardcore Haleb shipper, I wasn't just upset about spaleb because of them, it was about the show in it's entirety and writing... because the show has always been at it's core: feminist, it's about the love between friends and how nothing can come between that, and they were never catty or stereotyped... then the love triangle happened, and I thought, they've given up the core values, they've went there and done something shallow and dramatic and it's awful... but then in the last episode they had the scene with spencer, caleb, and hanna and that's when it hit me... this is fantastic writing! it hurt me a lot, like so much, but they are not doing this like any other show I've ever seen, this is still the show I love and respect! they are not letting it go, they aren't having a catfight or switching boyfriends like clothes, or any other typical "love-triangle" storyline that I've ever seen. Spencer and Hanna love each other more that either could ever love Caleb because of their bond, they are closer than sisters, and that is more important to both of them than a guy, even if it is one they care about a lot, and the writers are not letting this get resolved and they don't care how much it hurts the fans, or ratings and I'm just so awestruck at that, I respect that so much, they are treating this like a real life love triangle, it's so messy and awkward and complicated, and they just keep twisting the knife and it's painful for everyone regardless who you want to be together... it's just so amazing... and that's just one small part, everything else they have been doing... just applause all around, I should not have doubted it, I take back almost all my criticisms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

music piracy... is stealing more than just music, it's stealing hopes and dreams

30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 20

girl power, it's not new for me