30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 3

My first love is way different than my first kiss. I'll talk about my first kiss first because it was literally awful. I had a friend that liked to play "pranks" on me, so one day she decided to set me up with someone. We both went to a local skating rink and met with the guys we were talking to. The guy she set me up with was not at all what I expected. I had talked to him on the phone... it was like the 90's version of being catfished. Anyway I didn't want to hurt his feelings, and I didn't know what to do. I let him kiss me once, then I ended up in the bathroom for most of the night, hiding.

My first love, is actually Jesus Christ. But I know this challenge means romantic love and I'm not really even sure who the first person I loved was. I mean there are so many different levels, and once you meet someone that you feel is your "true love" the others don't seem to fit that description anymore. So if we are talking about someone I first felt something really special for, it would be a guy I met in the seventh grade. I'm going with him as my first love because he is the first person to ever inspire me to start writing. I wrote a poem about him and I'm sure it's on here or my channillo.com for sure. It's called "you and your guitar". The guy's name is Paris, and I'm sure some people who know me, also know him but I'm over being embarrassed about a middle school crush, I mean, come on. I think what drew me to him was his maturity. I grew up in the country and hadn't ever met any boys that I really liked for their personality. None of them were like me, they weren't super artistic or unique. I'm sorry to all those boys but it's true. This guy was so different, and yea sure he was attractive but there was more to him than that. It's the first guy I ever liked that was actually what would become my "type". I had found my type in him. That still to this day is my type. I don't still like him, of course, I haven't spoken to him or seen him since the tenth grade. But he was very different, very mature and intelligent, and of course, even at eleven was really talented at guitar, I can't imagine how good he is at it now. And he used to have conversations with our teachers, because they were on the same level of maturity as him. I was so infatuated with that. I loved listening to his thoughts and ideas on important matters. And well I'm grateful to have met him because if I hadn't, I wouldn't have known what kind of person I was really looking for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

music piracy... is stealing more than just music, it's stealing hopes and dreams

30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 20

girl power, it's not new for me