30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 20

1) "walk away" by Christina Aguilera...
well this is one of the best songs by Christina in my opinion, vocally and lyrically. She wrote this song and the lyrics are almost completely perfect. It's so moving and sad, and you can really feel that she means what she is singing about. I have many times related to this song on a personal level. It's very 1950's loungey sounding as well, I love it.

2) "Man of constant sorrow" as covered by Sawyer Fredericks... I really liked the live version of this better, he sang it for his blind audition, this song got popular because of that movie and everyone knows that, but also, even though this is a "cover" it's original singer/writer is unknown, it's an old folk song that people used to sing.

3)"Bring me to Life" by Evanescence... I remember the exact moment I realized this song was written about Jesus. I LOVE this song, it is literally one of my favorite songs of all time. Amy Lee is one the the best singers in the world, and no one, NO ONE (especially not that girl that tries all the time, you know that one that sang with the band for a time.) sings like her. Or on her level. Anyway Amy has said for sure that she wrote this song about herself getting saved by Jesus. For some reason people like to act like that's not true but she wrote it, so she would know. I made a video on youtube ft. Troian Bellisario to tell the story of this song click here to watch.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

music piracy... is stealing more than just music, it's stealing hopes and dreams

Why does God "allow" suffering?