30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 8

A book I love would first and foremost be the Bible because I literally love it like you would a person because it essentially is. I loved Catch-22 and Karen Kingsbury books. I love reading just about any book besides textbooks. Unless they are on a subject I like, like psychology for example. Anyway, the only book I really despise and wish didn't exist is "50 shades", I have several reasons why, which I won't go into, because that would take all day. That "book" is bad for humanity. Anyway since I haven't actually read that, I would say a book I've read but didn't like would be "dreamcatcher" by stephen king. I mean I have read too many of his books to name or count. I know what he's about and his style.And I always enjoy them for the most part. (I have a love/hate relationship to his writing) But I can't say I don't like any of his other ones. But for some reason with "dreamcatcher" I just could not enjoy it, the first few chapters were okay, and I did like the four main characters, it was well written (obviously), but to an extent. There were just way too many twists, and so much going on. Not that it was hard to follow but it was just so unnecessary to have that much stuff happening. You could take each plot conflict and make a whole book out of each one and make several different books. It's like ideas for about three books were smashed into one for some reason. It took me nine months to finish that book because I just couldn't pick it up. I dreaded it but I made myself finish it. That's a long time for me too, because I usually finish books in a day or two depending on what else I need to do that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

music piracy... is stealing more than just music, it's stealing hopes and dreams

30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 20

girl power, it's not new for me