Does this self respect and empathy make me look feminist?

I don't consider myself a feminist only because I like having only one label: Christian, that trumps everything else about me, what God says is above all other opinions and causes of man...
and I don't agree with everything all feminists say all the time, but I'm not dissing them, because mostly they make good points...
however some might see me as a feminist simply because I have these crazy opinions that women are and should be treated equal to men, and that rape is bad... that's not me being PC, that's me being a human being if you see disagree with that I don't think I'm the one with the issue

it just blows my mind the amount of people who see you as a "man hating feminist" just because you're against rape... umm I'm against rape that happens to men too... it's not my fault that 99% of rapists are male... I didn't cause that, feminists didn't brainwash those men into doing that... most feminists don't hate men at all because they know that
not all men are like that 
but too many men AND women are okay with it, too many make excuses, too many make jokes, too many claim women lie about it, too many of both genders promote rape culture just because they think anyone who is a victim "asked for it" and they think they are being an "equalist" and try and jump to the defense that "some men are good" well yes they are, but that doesn't help

if you see a women getting assaulted on the street by a man, are you going to run up and give her a list of all the good men you know? is that going to help her? do you think she's going to be like "oh good to know"... no she's going to yell, "help me!"
The issue at hand people! the issue at hand!
it isn't going to change what's happening by defending a violent person's gender, that doesn't even matter, or make sense
your opinion on feminism isn't worth two pennies compared to the people (including children) getting violently assaulted, some dying or committing suicide or getting diseases, or getting mocked and made fun of because they are suddenly ostracized, they aren't seen as a person anymore, they are labeled either a "liar" or a seen as a "victim" forever and both are dehumanizing and demeaning  

listen, the victims didn't plot to have their life torn apart just to prove some ridiculous point that "men are bad" 
they don't think "men are bad" 
(well some might but that's part of the healing process and you don't need to make it worse by telling them your opinion, they will get there eventually, they don't need to feel worse, you have no clue what they are going through)
but most men aren't bad... 
they think rapists are bad, and they are... the only people to blame for the fact that most rapists are men, are the men that rape and the people of both genders that don't want to admit that it's a HUGE problem
men aren't naturally more violent, I don't think...
I think it's society teaching them entitlement, to be honest. Society and the media tells men they are entitled to look at, to want and to touch women's bodies, that's "rape culture" 

it's not that all "men" are to blame it's the entitlement culture we live in
some are like that but aren't too extreme... smile at a guy and then if he asks you out, say no... see if he doesn't act like a toddler about it... few won't, but most do

we have to stop teaching our kids they are entitled to what they want... with girls it's that they are entitled to demand a "good man" even if she's a hot mess... it's annoying at worst

but the sad fact is because most children are raised entitled, 
boys are taught that they are entitled to women and that leads to "nice guys" whining about the friendzone, at best 
and at worst, it leads to rape and murder
so that is a huge problem 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

music piracy... is stealing more than just music, it's stealing hopes and dreams

30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 20

girl power, it's not new for me