30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 24

This is not very bold or dramatic of me and as a writer, that's a no-no, but at this time, so much has been going on with me and everyone else it seems like, that I'm not going to go into anything depressing, I miss a lot of people who have passed, I miss a cute boy who I just saw this morning, I miss Pretty Little Liars, and I will really miss it when it is over. How about instead of talking about something specific that I miss, I write about what it could mean to miss something? sound alright? Yes? Okay good.

There are so many different levels of missing someone or something.
Like missing the old days, your childhood, tv shows that are no longer airing.
That's nostalgia.
Then there is missing someone who has passed on, and that is grief.
But what do you call it when you're not heartbroken, but you miss someone you care about?
I can't think of a word that fits with that kind of missing someone.
Maybe longing? which is defined as a yearning desire? but you can long for something and not miss it.
When something is "missing" it means that it is not where it belongs anymore. So if you think about it that way.
Missing someone is our emotional sign that something that belongs with us is not with us at the moment. And I think that is sad and also beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

music piracy... is stealing more than just music, it's stealing hopes and dreams

30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 20

girl power, it's not new for me