this might be too real for some

I used to love baking, I didn't mind cooking or doing "girly" things... Being in an abusive relationship changed that... he told me I shouldn't do anything as a hobby, that would draw attention to myself, stuff that wasn't "housewife hobbies" ...all my hobbies were supposed to be about pleasing him... he didn't think I should write or do any art... That I should just bake (which I liked doing) or learn to knit (like is this real life) he tried to tell me how to dress and what to eat... I always laughed in his face about all of it because NEVER in a million years would I EVER let a man on this earth tell me what to do, so I didn't think it affected me so much until I tried to enjoy baking and I don't, when I get asked to do anything "housewife" related my blood starts boiling with rage because no one is going to turn me into that, that's my mentality even though I used to enjoy some of those things on my own... I know it's wrong but this is the affects on someone who didn't even listen to some abuser's "rules" I never bowed down to anything he told me to do... I can't imagine what it's like for people who were forced to listen or who felt they had to... I can't stand to see posts praising soldiers, even though I know better, I just want to put my fist through the screen and say "they aren't heroes they don't deserve this at all because I know one who is essentially a human monster" So I'm sorry if you say something to me that causes me to shut down and not respond, I'm silently calming myself down because I am dealing with things you don't understand, and I don't want to take it out on you. For example if someone wants me to do crafts, I will probably get really angry but I know it's my PTSD, so I don't react until I calm down... I get sad about it too because I feel like he's taken things I enjoyed away from me, I used to just do what I wanted and some of those things have been tainted, so I'm just praying that eventually I'll get over this but until then I'm sorry I don't want to take it out on other people but sometimes it's so hard to control my anger and sadness when something triggers me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

music piracy... is stealing more than just music, it's stealing hopes and dreams

30 Day Writing Challenge- Day 20

girl power, it's not new for me